Thinking about your future?
Submissions for 2022 will open in late 2021.
The Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association Education Fund provides a financial grant to LGBTIQ+ individuals for the purpose of undertaking a course of study in a business or commerce-related discipline.
The course of study should meaningfully, substantially and demonstrably benefit the applicant’s life or, through them, the lives of other people within the Australian community.
The scholarships awarded are intended to be sizable grants (between $2,500 and $10,000) that will support you throughout the course of your studies. The grants may be broken down into payments made over a number of years depending on the course chosen and the individual circumstances of the applicant.
Additional smaller grants and prizes may also be awarded depending on the number of applications received and level of funding available.
Successful applicants will also be granted an SGLBA Student membership.
The eligibility criteria for applicants are outlined below
SGLBA Education Fund Scholarships
To be eligible for consideration for an SGLBA Education Fund scholarship you must meet every one of the following eligibility criteria:
- self-identify as LGBTIQ
- be over the age of 30 years as at the date of application
- be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident; and
- reside within New South Wales
Selection Criteria for Grant Applicants.
Eligible applicants will be assessed for a Scholarship by the Selection Committee on the following selection criteria.
- Are clear about where your studies may take your career and how it many benefit your life or through you, the lives of other people in the Australian Community
- Have chosen a course of study (a tertiary degree or vocational training) in a Business or Commerce-related discipline (broadly conceived) from a university, TAFE or Registered Training Organisation
- Are eligible to be admitted (or already admitted) to such a course
- Can demonstrate sufficient motivation and commitment to completing your studies and have some understanding of the rigours of academic life
- Are not in receipt of an employer contribution or a government training program that fully funds their study program.
Your supporting documentation
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency
- Prior academic results (if any)
- Letters from two referees in support of your application
- Current curriculum vitae
The Sydney Gay & Lesbian Business Association Incorporated (SGLBA) ABN 30 660 775 528 is a registered charity with the Australian Charities and Not-for-profits Commission.