The SGLBA Blog is designed to provide members and friends with relevant content to help them grow their business and to build their business skills. With hundreds of members, the opportunity to build an amazing resource is clear with content from you.
The SGLBA blog is open to Networker, Business, Corporate and Life members to provide content they believe is relevant to the greater membership.
Why should you blog for the SGLBA?
- To enhance your own reputation and to share the knowledge and wisdom you’ve developed over the years as a business person.
- Building your own online profile is best achieved beyond your own website or blog. Google searches for content by you, from many sources. The more sources or locations that Google can find you in, the better your online profile grows.
- Giving back to the community is a great thing. Blogging for the SGLBA provides one avenue for you to do this.
- Your blog post should fall into one of the following *categories:
- Business Development
- Community News
*NOTE: We can add additional categories and one blog post can be assigned to multiple categories. Based on the volume of input from members and the volume of overall blog content, we will review the blog categories and take feedback from members. The website has an excellent key word search function, meaning people can search by key words to find specific content.
- A blog post should not be a blatant plug for your business’s product or services.
- A blog post should be between 1,000 & 1,500 words in length.
- Where possible, you should provide links to 3rd party sites to help reinforce the points you’re making.
- You should consider adding your “Top 5 Tips” at the end of your blog post e.g. bullet point summary of the key points of your post.
- If you want to provide images for your post, please include ownership details or links to the source of the image. These will be included in your blog post.
- Members are invited to guest blog every two months or more.
How do you get started?
Send an email to the SGLBA Media & Communications team requesting a blog account to be created. Also include the following:
- A short BIO. No longer than 60 words. (You only need to do this the first time you guest blog)
- The public URL to your Linkedin profile.
- If you’d like a profile photo included alongside your BIO, please create a Gravatar account ensuring you use the same email address with the SGLBA as you do with Gravatar. Learn more about Gravatar.
- And finally, send through your blog text.
Why create a FREE Gravatar account?
“An “avatar” is an image that represents you online—a little picture that appears next to your name when you interact with websites.
A Gravatar is a Globally Recognised Avatar. You upload it and create your profile just once, and then when you participate in any Gravatar-enabled site, your Gravatar image will automatically follow you there.
Gravatar is a free service for site owners, developers, and users. It is automatically included in every WordPress.com account and is run and supported by Automattic.”*
The Not So Small Print
The SGLBA reserves the right to edit the copy (text) you provide and in circumstances which we can’t really foresee, refuse to publish your content. Any changes made to the copy would only be in the context of grammar or to provide you with suggestions on how to improve the clarity of your key message.
Blog posts will remain on the SGLBA website regardless of your status as a current member. Should you want a blog post removed from the SGLBA website, please contact the Media & Communications team and include the URL to the post you want removed.